Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sofa covering

Didn't want black so covered leather sofa with old blanket and John's old blue cotton jumper.  Did as quickly as possible - yesterday and today.   Unlike John's when I took weeks and made proper covers with piping etc.  I had too many other things to do like painting etc.

Original black leather sofa which I had covered in white quilt.  It's my second sofa, other one is white.  I don't really have room for both, but until I can convince John he needs it, it's main use is for storing knitting basket and books.

Sofa recovered in cut up white cotton blanket and Johns old blue cotton jumper he had thrown out.  I had kept it because I loved the colour and the pattern on the edging.  I knew I would find a use for it.  The blue side cusions normally zip onto sofa but I forgot to leave gap and anyway I think it's better they are movable.

I had little fluffy cushions - see below - one black, one white which were really just dust gatherers so I used scraps to cover them.

I still think the white fluff looks cute but you just don't feel like resting your head on it cause you just don't know what might be in there.


Now you see the shoddiness - just sewn up corners and added ties.  I didn't have enough fabric and couldn't be bother sewing on other backing fabric and the above back cushion zips onto the sofa at the back so had to leave that open - Not zipping at the moment to see if really need to.

The base cushions underneath.
Now I need to find storage for all the blankets I use to store under the cushions and above them under the white quilt.

This poof might do - next project - if i can rip off bottom and find way of adding another closing bottom to hold in the blankets.

1 comment:

  1. Just when I think I have seen it all!!! I love that you so creative with all these ideas. You have either got a very creative mind, or too much time on your hands. Shall we stick with creative mind?

    I love the jumper cushions. Did you shrink the jumper first to make it more dense as a fabric, or keep the natural softness?

    If that pouffe doesn't work as storage, what about making a giant bean bag and stuffing the blankets etc into it. You could have press fasteners for closing it.

    ReplyDelete