Monday, August 8, 2011

Shirley Trevena Watercolour DVD

I watched all the inspiring art demo dvd's i got from my library, a great way to learn  - anyway after watching them, i decided to get out the only one i have ever bought - vibrant watercolours by Shirley Trevena - i have the ebook as well.   She has a great style like me too, innit?:
 I think when u see her style you can see what i am aiming for.   It fits in with claire basler, john virtue and Pieroni that i have previously posted - in their freedom of style.
It was great to watch it again.  I am going to watch several times and try the exercises which are incredible.  The way she drops watercolour into each other, ads pencil, pen, wax etc, shaves watercolour pencil into it. I've know about these techniques but i think i am ready to try them her way.  And she collects of interesting pieces to use again and again - an excuse for the all the junk i have collected. Here is one of her works that i will try to emulate. :
Now unfortunately, here is where i am starting from.  These are pictures of a watercolour class i did 1-2 yrs ago.  Some r worse than others but none are anywhere near where i'd like to be but at least i now have the confidence to have a go and better knowledge of what i want and perhaps how to do it.  It now just means lots of experiment and practice and i'll start with her dvd.  I wish claire basler would do a dvd because she is my perfect style.

My still lifes 2009-10. some watercolour,  mixed media,  oil, charcoal.


























2 comments:

  1. OMG, I remember wearing sunglasses like that, I loved them! I think I may be with John on the glasses though, maybe a touch too er something! The thing is Shirl, never ask people what they think. I have worn similar style glasses and sunglasses for years. The style suits me and I feel I am being individual wearing them. The last time I tried to go fashionable with glasses, was when I too got a big pair of sunglasses. I wasn't too sure but the optician thought they suited me (translation - I had been in the shop about 2 hours at that point). Anyway, whenever I put them on, Alan would call me Malcolm X. I gave up on them in the end. Also, I have tiny ears and the weight of the glasses almost chopped them off!

    ReplyDelete