Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Revamped shirts

As well as sewing new jim-jams, I have been revamping John's shirts.  He was going to throw out because they were too baggy and long.  I thought the materials were too nice.  The lovely blue linen one on the right is Donna Karen.  So I turned up the bottoms to make them straight, newer style of wearing outside trousers but still long enough to tuck in for work.   I also worked out how to take off 2 1/2 inches off the chest and sleeve width  from the one on the left.  Now that I know this is possible I can revamp more of his shirts.  Next experiment is to tailor one with some darts.

2 comments:

  1. Bloody heck Shirl, I'm getting worried about all this domesticity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can also rent a cycle or motor bike here to explore the village and other parts of this beautiful beach too. The sunset at this beach looks mesmerising.Buy custom t-shirts online in India

    ReplyDelete