Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Remodelling small pjs

I can only show part of the pjs as I was wearing them when J took pic without me knowing and the rest of it shouldn't be seen by the world.    I know it's not a clear pic and I will eventually take better pics of all the sewing I've been doing.  You can see the buttons down the side - this is part of the top of the pjs.

They were originally nice M&S smooth cotton size 12 men's PJs which i never got to wear as i didn't quite make it down to that size. I am size 18/20 on the bottom so by cutting the top into 6 parts - 2 fronts, back in 2 halves and the 2 sleeves, I was able to get enough lenght to add 5 inch inserts into the sides.  I usually add stiching on outside over seams to give a better finish so they look like they were always like that.
Side showing the button half of the top's front.  The other side has the button holes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a lot of work, are you hand or machine sewing these? Aren't the buttons uncomfortable to sleep on, or are these for lounging (I know what a bed rat you are!)?

    ReplyDelete