Monday, May 14, 2012

Windowsill herb growing experiment

Always had problems growing herbs.   Sick of supermarket ones going off.  This time the pack said water from below and this seems to helped.

Supermarket bought growing herbs: curly parsley, my fav sorrel and flat leaf Parsley.  The Sorrel has now been growing 2 weeks.  I am not sure whether it's losing some of its flavour though.

Another experiment: the tallest leaves are from a twig of greenery, I know not what, that came in a bunch of flowers which has grown in this little vase of regularly refreshed water only, for over a year.  So yesterday I took leftover bits from bunches of cut parsley and mint that was finished.  I think the brown leaves were already dead but i will take and see how long they last.

1 comment:

  1. I used to grow herbs in a planter in the garden back in the UK. I remember that they like rough, well drained soil. Think of herbs growing wild on hillsides.

    ReplyDelete