Monday, July 30, 2012

Ikea shopping - I was only suppose to buy the bloody bottle

I only went to Ikea for the £1.29 water bottles, then the White Mist took over. 

My friend John wanted a blue version of the pink flat Ikea water bottle that fits in nicely to a flat satchel without creating bulk.  But then my love of 'White'  just took over and 8 great value white picture frames and other white items later I had spent £100.   And, 10 packs of their lovely Espresso ground coffee to keep me jumping for another 3 months. 

 Prices are vague because I had to work out from receipt - nothing was over £10 - most under £6.



Picture 1
Picture 1
  • The glass white top for £10 makes a great chopping board - I prefer glass for hygeine and the other little ones are too small.  
  • The large white vase is really a garden candle holder and was either £2 or £5 - only things on receipt I wasn't sure of.
  • The little white garaffe - £6 will be lovely for homemade lemonade.
  • The tall white thermos is so elegant and great for extra coffee/hot water/or iced drinks.  £5
  • The small round white thermos is one I got at a charity shop for £2 ages ago.
  • and yes, the bloody water bottle for £1.29 (Ikea family member price)  £2 otherwise.


 Picture 2
Picture 2
  • The big teacup with rose in the middle was £3.50 and bought for my parsley plant - just the right size to hide the black plastic pot.  
  • The beige mug on the right was 1.70 - yes i already had a white one I use for cutlery on the left, but this one looked yummy coffee colour and make my coffee taste better - really!  I will wear it out with the 10 packs of coffee.
Spent about 3 hours in all, getting ideas of how to transform small spaces, having a very cheap breakfast and on the way out, an ice-cream.   For those on tight budgets going to Ikea to eat out,  early during the week especially when the Olympics are on and the school holidays mean most people have gone away or staying off the roads, is a great choice.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Sucked into the IKEA vortex. You're lucky you came out with the clothes on your back. I went in one day for a cheap easy chair for my studio and came out with a reclining armchair!

    Mind you, I don't know about the UK, but the food in the BKK branch, looks like (and apparently tastes like), something your dog deposited! I stuck to bottled water and a slice of manky cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete