Friday, August 3, 2012

My 3 New Pieces of Art - Artists Victoria Kiff, Alistair Kendry

I went back to Hastings yesterday to pick up the art I bought from my friends exhibition as the Hastings Arts Forum.  Alistair has another one at The Stables till the end of September.  From the poster I've seen, it looks full of wonderful colour.

After picking up the works I went to my fav part of the old town, the antiques market where I spotted Vickie buying a desk for her new studio.  We had a lovely chat over a coffee - always lovely to run into someone you know when you don't expect it.   I then had to dash off to Margate before heading home - see next post.

Victoria Kiff - 'Self Portrait with Death'.  (drypoint.  - she is lovely, really and as serene as her portrait.)
Alistair Kendry - 'Gold Leaf Letter' (reminds me of the work we did in class and the his huge gold works)

Alistair Kendry - 'Yellow House by the Sea' (small painted book - reminds me of his house on the Hastings seafront)

1 comment:

  1. I can't see it clearly, does the gold one actually have writing on it? Can you read what it says? It looks as though you are starting up your own mini gallery. It is so much fun when you find an artist you like and can afford their work. Happy collecting!

    ReplyDelete