Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Aussie Lamingtons - Heaven

Haven't had these for over 20 years since Oz days.  Never made before.  Yummy.  Sponge 'laminated' in chocolate runny icing/sauce and dipped in coconut (that's not why they're called Lamingtons -see -   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamington   'Friday 21 July 2006 was designated as National Lamington Day in Australia' ) .    Since John doesn't like chocolate much I will experiment with my favourite 50% fruit jam made into a sauce instead of the chocolate - jamingtons?





1 comment:

  1. Crocodile Dundee, Koala bears and Lamingtons, what else could possible say Australia? Oops, I forgot the cold beer and barbie!

    I don't think I have ever eaten the chocolate variety, but when I was in primary school, we used to get a something very much like what you are describing for John. It came in one of those big school dinners tins, with a layer of strawberry jam and sprinkled with coconut, It was served with hot custard.

    By the way, who exactly is eating all this delicious food that you are churning out?!

    ReplyDelete