Friday, May 4, 2012

Cheese sauce eggs on toast

Felt like eggs on toast with cheese sauce so tried 2 version.  1. to try out my egg slicer.  2. my version of egg cooked in ramikan i saw on My Litte Paris Kitchen.  Cheese sauce made with a roux, little milk and ball of mozzarella cheese and grated extra mature cheddar.  Both were delicious - much better than they look in my quickly taken pictures.

1. sliced boiled egg on toast with cheese sauce and rocket.






2. A slice of bread with crust removed to line a ramikin baked in oven with baking beads to hold shape, for 5 mins.  Then add cheese sauce and rocket, egg and cheese sauce again and rebake.

Just out of the oven





Egg side up


Bread side up

Cut open

1 comment:

  1. Were the eggs and sauce in the first one hot or cold? My problem with that one is that it is too white. I think you should have sprinkled some paprika on top to add some colour.

    I like the sound of the second one better. I'm a sucker for almost anything that has cheese, and I think it looks better and sounds rather like comfort food.

    ReplyDelete