Friday, August 17, 2012

Banana Ice Cream - banana and a little honey and absolutely nothing else.

Finally tried it.  Sliced 2 bananas, froze for a few hours then put into food processor with a little honey.   Had to stop about 6 times to push frozen banana down.  After a while it turns lighter colour and fluffier with hardly any bits - the more processing the better.   Serve straight away.   I only used a tiny bit of honey - to get the mixture going in the processor more than anything but it could do with less or none, taste wise.  Now going to try and add other frozen fruit to the banana mix.   Great desert to make at the last minute for guests - especially if you always have frozen banana slices in the freezer at all times for use in smoothies.

Banana icecream - bananas and nothing but the bananas.  I know it looks like it has lumps but that's just the way I moved it up with the spoon - by the time I had looked at photo properly on my desktop, I had eaten it all.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I'm surprised you had time to photograph it in the first place.! On the Yummy meter, how many points out of 10?

    Did you use those really ripe brown bananas, or just soft yellow ones? I love bananas but will only eat them when they are a bit green. This is a good way to use up those left over bananas that get thrown away normally. By the way, you can freeze bananas in their skin. I have done that before, putting them into zip lock bags. I then used them for cakes. Mind you, you need slightly less liquid in the cake mix as the bananas once defrosted, go really soggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used just yellow ones. Yes I prefer to eat nearly green bananas. I normally keep them in the fridge to stop them ripening all at once, taking out only a few to ripen ready to eat as i need them. i think i have frozen whole banans before - it's useful to know that even though the skins go dark brown (same in fridge), the banana doesn't. I slice them though to make it easier for my food processor to break them up - like ice blocks. It was difficult because usually you add some milk to make a smoothie which gets the food processor working. With no added liquid, I had to keep stopping the machine to push the frozen slices down.

    ReplyDelete